MBBS in Russia: Top MBBS Colleges in Russia, Eligibility, Cost & Scope for Indian Students
Russia has been popular destination for International students for pursuing MBBS right from Soviet Era. Russia boasts about occupying almost 30 positions amongst top 100 ranking Medical Universities according to the World Health Organization (WHO)'s "Directory of World Medical Schools". Pass-outs from Russian Medical Universities are presently working in the leading Hospitals across the globe. MBBS in Russia is a preferred choice for International students because of highly subsidized fee by Russian Ministry of Health & Education as compared to other western countries.
High Quality of Education combined with this low cost is one of the main reasons for choosing top medical universities for MBBS in Russia .In Russia there are almost 57 medical universities. The student to teacher ratio is 7:1 in all Russian Medical Universities.
Russia is situated in Asia and Eastern Europe. Russia is the largest country of the world by land area and it is also known as Russia Federation. Moscow is the capital of Russia and Russian Federation is the official name of Russia. Moscow, the capital of the Russia, is the largest city is the world. Population of Russia is about 146.6 million. Russian government is based on a democratic form of rule. The Russian Federation shares land border with Finland, Lithuania and Poland, Belarus, Latvia, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Norway Estonia, Mongolia, and North Korea.
Study MBBS in English Medium In Russia:
In the past decade there has been a tenfold increase in number of international students travelling for MBBS in Russia. All universities are recognized by WHO & Medical Council of leading countries like U.S.A, U.K, Middle East, Australia, India, Canada etc.
Duration of MBBS in Russia is 6 years. Students can opt for MBBS in English Language and Russian Medium also. Duration of course is 6 years which includes Russian Language Training (Preparatory Faculty).
The student shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission. The student should have obtained 50% marks in the 12th standard examination. Students belonging SC/ST and OBC category are eligible having 45% marks in aggregate in the 12th standard examination.
Reasons why Indian students should prefer Study MBBS in Russia:
1. India and Russia have enjoyed a healthy relationship from years that makes Russia a preferable destination for Indian students.
2. Medical universities of Russia are recognized by the Medical Council of India.
3. The students, who complete their MBBS from a Russian university, are eligible to work in India after clearing the National Exit Text (NEXT) conducted by the MCI.
4. The Indian students are not required to clear any entrance examination for admission in MBBS.
5. The medical colleges in Russia not only provide theoretical knowledge but the students are also encouraged to participate in various seminars, student exchange programs, and conferences. This helps the student in gaining better knowledge and experience.
6. The quality of education in Russia is good.
7. The cost of MBBS is much lower in Russian medical universities.
8. The cost of living in Russia is same as India.
9. The climatic conditions of Russia are also one of the major attractions for Indian students.
10. Russia provides a very friendly and safe environment for Indian students.
MCI Approved Medical Universities:
1. Pirogov Russia National research Medical University, Moscow
2. People's Friendship University, Moscow
3. Crimea Fedral University, Crimea
4. I.M.Sechenov First Masco State Medical University
5. Smolensk State Medical University, Smolensk
6. Dagestan State Medical University, Makhachkala
7. Irkutsk Medical University, Irkutsk
8. St Petersburg University, St. Petersburg
9. Bashkir State Medical University, Ufa
10. Kazan State Medical University, Kazan
MBBS Tuition Fees in Russia:
|Choose Your University||Eligibility||1st Yr. Tuition Fees||2nd-6Yr.Tuition Fees||World Ranking||Apply Now|
|Crimea Fedral University||50% in PCB||3500 $||4100 $||3512||Open|
|Bashkir State Medical University||50% in PCB||3800 $||3800 $||3538||Open|
|Kazan State Medical University||65% in PCB||6000 $||6000 $||5682||Open|
|TVER State Medical University||50% in PCB||2800 $||2800 $||5175||Open|
|Chuvash State Medical University||50% in PCB||2900 $||2900 $||3320||Open|
|Pirogov Russia National research Medical University||50 % in PCB||7700 $||7700 $||3323||Open|
|People's Friendship University||50% in PCB||9500 $||9500 $||1829||Open|
First Moscow State
|50% in PCB||11800 $||11800 $||12060||Open|
Cost 0f Living in Russia:
This fees is onlyTuition fee. Hostel accommodation fee, medical insurance and other charges is not included in this fees. Hostel fee starts from 100$ to 1000$ depends on location of university. Food cost will be extra. For complete package you can call us or mail us.
Documents Required for Admission to MBBS in Russia:
- Completely filled and signed application form downloaded from the university’s website
- Official transcripts of Class 12th and 10th
- Transcripts should be translated either into English or Russian
- Proof of some medical tests like HIV
- Copy of any identity card such as a passport
- Passport size photographs (3 to 12, varies with the university)
Scope after MBBS in Russia:
Most of the Indian students prefer to return back after completion of MBBS from Russia. They have to appear for an MCI screening, also known as Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE), now it is National Exit Test (NEXT ) to practice in the home country.
- This test is conducted twice a year ie. in the month of June and December.
- Minimum 50% is in both the papers is must pass the exam.
- After clearing the test, students are required to attend a mandatory internship of one year.
According to the National Board of Examinations (NBE), the total percentage of students passing the FMGE exam is only 14.22% to 27% rom 2015-18. Although the number of Russian MBBS graduates appearing for the exam was second highest, only 23% (approx) were actually able to clear it.
Another option for students is to continue practicing as a Doctor in Russia after completion of the degree with a work permit. It is valid for a year and takes 10 days for processing. A Physician in Russia earns an average of 550,000 Russian Ruble per annum whereas, in India, the average pay for a year is 690,000 Russian Ruble.
In April 2020, the Russian President relaxed the rules of applying for citizenship. International students working for at least one year in the country are eligible to apply for Permanent Residency. Earlier this time period was 3 years. PR status is required to be renewed after every 5 years in Russia. Following conditions are required to be fulfilled to apply for the same:
- Registered at a specific address in Russia
- Stayed on a temporary visa in the country for one year
- Proof of no drug addiction and HIV negative report
- Knowledge of Russian language, history, and basics of government structure
Students can also continue residency of 2 years after completion of MBBS to become a specialist in fields like neurosurgery, cardiology, gynecology, etc.
Student Helpline No for MBBS in Russia: 1800-891-3651. WhatsApp-08377010124