Career in hotel management courses after 12th: Career prospects, salary and entrance exam details:
If you like a career full of interesting challenges, then the career in hotel management is the right stretch for you. “What are the hotel Management courses after 12th?” This is the first thing that crosses your brain when you decide to pursue a hotel management course. Furthermore there are a number of UG courses one can study in hotel management.
The tourism and hospitality sector in India is growing successively and with it, the demand in the growth of the hotel industry. India is a popular travel destination and thus, the scope of pursuing hotel management has become clearer and more beneficial for students than before. Hotel management is one of the top preferences of students when it comes to pursuing a simple graduation after completing their school studies.
It is expected that by 2023, the hotel industry in India will be valued at INR 1,210.87 Bn. The increase in compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of-13% is likely to take place till 2023 owing to surge in the influx of foreign tourists and business delegates. Hence if you plan to choose some good hotel management course after class 12 from some top hotel management colleges in India especially through NCHM JEE, you may end up in one of the top highest paying positions in the hotel and hospitality industry in the long run.
What is Hotel Management?
Hotel management is a detailed study of the hospitality and hotel industry. Greeting and meeting people on one’s responsibility is definitely not rocket science but also it is not as easy as it seems. In hotel management colleges you will be imparted skills as to how you can manage at your best the operations of hotel, motel, resort, etc. Hotel and restaurant management courses offered in educational institutions across India train students to become successful hotel managers, hoteliers, etc. It is one of the most sought-after courses as it provides the wide array of opportunities available in the hospitality industry in India and also abroad.
What Are The Requirements For Hotel Management?
Before pursuing any course in hotel management, it is necessary for a candidate what are the requirements to get a hotel management degree. Check these:
- Minimum qualification required for Hotel Management course is 10+2. Students can even opt for certificate diploma or even degree course.
- Certificate courses can be of six months to one year duration, while a degree course of three year duration.
- Selection for Government colleges and Institutes is done through an entrance test which is held every year in the month of April- NCHM JEE.
- For selecting candidates, a group discussion and an aptitude test is held for final selection of the students for hotel management course.
Candidates must possess excellent communication skills and intrapersonal skills to handle the students with patience and delightfully to leave an impact on their clients.
Hotel Management Course List:
A career in hospitality and hotel management is a safe future proof step. The hotel management course list after class 12 is expansive, ranging from degree courses to diploma and certification courses. Many of them conduct their own hotel management entrance exams, but if you want to get to the top college and opt hotel management course after class 12, you should target and obtain a good score in National Council of Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination i.e. NCHM JEE 2021. As many as 71 institutes offer admission on its basis. Here we have provided you with the list of some best hotel and hospitality management courses that give you edge. Some of them are:
Top Hotel Management courses after class 12 :
1. Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
2. Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
3. BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
4. BA in Hotel Management
5. BBA in Hospitality, travel & tourism
6. BBA in Hotel Management
7. Diploma in Hotel Management
Top Hotel Management courses (PG) :
1. Master of Hotel Management (MHM)
2. Master in Tourism and Hotel Management (MTHM)
3. MBA in Hotel Management
4.MBA in Hospitality Management
5. MSc Tourism and Hospitality Management
6. MBA Hospitality
There are also some diploma and certificate courses which can be pursued after class 10th.