COMEDK UGET 2021: Exam Postponed Application Form (Extended), Check Dates, Syllabus, Pattern
The authorities have postponed the COMEDK UGET 2021 (Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka) until further notice due to COVID-19 pandemic. The COMEDK UGET 2021 exam will be held as a computer-based test at various exam centres across India. The last date of COMEDK UGET 2021 application has also been extended to July 15. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria of COMEDK UGET 2021 before filling out the application form. Those candidates who secure high marks will have higher chances of admissions into the participating institutes. It must be noted that the candidates willing to take admission in the B.Arch course offered by the participating institutes of COMEDK UGET 2021 will have to appear for the NATA exam.
What is COMEDK UGET Exam?
COMEDK UGET Exam is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. The exam is a gateway for admissions to engineering and architecture courses offered by more than 120 colleges/institutes that accept COMEDK scores. Through the COMEDK exam, candidates become eligible for admissions to 20000+ BTech and BArch seats that are on offer. Every year, more than 70,000+ candidates appear for COMEDK exam.
Candidates interested in seeking admission to BArch courses through COMEDK 2021 will first have to appear for NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) and then participate in COMEDK counselling for the allocation of seats.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates seeking admissions at engineering, medical and dental colleges in the state of Karnataka have to satisfy multiple eligibility criteria of COMEDK UGET. The course-wise COMEDK UGET 2021 eligibility criteria are as follows:
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering courses:
Candidates are eligible to apply for COMEDK 2021 if they fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is second PUC or Class 12 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio-Technology or Biology or any other technical vocational courses as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
Eligibility Criteria for Architectural courses:
Candidates are eligible to apply for COMEDK UGET 2021 if they:
- The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or Class 12 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka.
- The candidates should have appeared for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students.
Important: Architecture aspirants don’t need to take COMEDK 2021. To seek admissions they have to fill a separate application form for COMEDK UGET 2021.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Selection Process:
Step 1: Register for COMEDK
The first and foremost step is to register for COMEDK UGET on the official website. All of the required personal, academic and contact details have to be provided by the candidates while filling out the application form. The fee for candidates attempting three subjects will be Rs 1800 (PCM) and for candidates attempting both COMEDK AND UniGAUGE will be Rs 2800.
Step 2: Download COMEDK 2021 Admit card
Candidates will be able to download COMEDK 2021 admit card from the official website. No other mode will be used to release the admit card. Details regarding the candidate's name, address, contact details, test centres, date and time of exam etc will be available on the COMEDK UGET admit card.
Step 3: Appear for COMEDK 2021
COMEDK UGET will be conducted in online mode on June 20 as a computer-based test. Candidates are advised to reach the exam centre at least an hour before the commencement of the exam since the screening and security process has to be completed by the authorities.
Step 4: Check COMEDK 2021 exam result
COMEDK result 2021 will be declared online. Only those who are eligible will be able to view the same under the 'applicant login' section of the website. COMEDK UGET result will have a candidate's merit position, score-card with total marks, marks obtained in each subject.
Step 5: Appear for COMEDK Counselling
Aspirants who clear the exam need to appear for COMEDK 2021 counselling which will begin from June as stated by the official website.
COMEDK 2021 Exam Day Guidelines:
Candidates appearing for COMEDK 2021 must report at their respective test centres 60 minutes before the exam begins to avoid the last-minute hassle. Here’s what you need to remember on the exam day.
What to Carry on Exam Day?
COMEDK exam will be held online, candidates are advised to carry a pencil and a sheet of paper for rough work. Besides knowing the things that should be carried inside the exam hall, it is also important to know what must not be carried to the test centre. Candidates are not allowed to carry any text material, log table, calculator, electronic watches mobile phones etc. to the exam centre.
Documents Required for COMEDK UGET exam
- A printout of the COMEDK UGET admit card
- The original, as well as a scanned copy of the identity proof
- Two recent passport size colour photographs
- Scanned copy of the school/college photo ID attested by the principal of the institution (2nd PUC/12th STD)
- A scanned copy of the COMEDK application form.