BITSAT 2021: Exam Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Admit Card, Application Procedure and Admission
BITSAT 2021: BITSAT 2021 is an entrance exam conducted by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani, for admissions to its Integrated First Degree Programmes at its three campuses located at Pilani, and its associated campuses Goa and Hyderabad. Birla Institute of Science and Technology Admission Test (BITSAT) is a University level entrance exam.
Admission will be offered to the candidates into BE, B.Pharm and M.Sc programmes after qualifying for the admission test. The exam is conducted online and around 3 lakh students apply for this entrance exam every year. BITSAT, a computer-based entrance exam, is expected to be conducted in the third or fourth week of June 2021.
BITSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the BITSAT exam 2021, candidates are always advised to first assure their eligibility for the exam and further admissions.
Mentioned below are BITSAT 2021 eligibility criteria that aspirants need to fulfil to appear for the Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test.
For admission to any of the First Degree programmes of BITS Except B. Pharm (Hons):
- Aspirants should have passed the class 12th examination from a recognised Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates must have adequate proficiency in English.
- Aspirants should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects.
For admission to B. Pharm (Hons):
- Aspirants should have passed the class 12th examination from a recognised Central or State board or its equivalent with the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Candidates must have adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCMB in Class 12 can also apply for the Pharmacy programme at BITS campuses.
- Aspirants should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (and Maths, if they are PCMB students) subjects with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (and Maths, if they are PCMB students) subjects.
Additional Eligibility Criteria to keep in mind:
- Only students who are appearing for the Class 12 examination in 2021 or have passed in 2020 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT 2021. Students who have passed their Class 12 examination in 2019 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT 2021.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in the 12th class or its equivalent, only his/her latest performance will be considered, provided this attempt had been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Students who are presently studying in any of the BITS campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT 2021.
Admissions will be made purely on a merit basis. The merit position of the candidate for admission is based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT 2021. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in the Class 12 board exam, as mentioned above.
BITSAT 2021 Application Form:
BITSAT 2021 Application Form is available online at bitsadmission.com from February 23, 2021 to May 29, 2021. Eligible students can visit the official website and fill their application form. BITSAT registration process majorly consists of four steps:
- Register for BITSAT 2021.
- Fill the application form. Also, select three BITSAT exam centres of your choice.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee